USPS First-Class Mail Changes
As you may have heard, on October 1, 2021, the United States Postal Service (USPS) made changes to its standard delivery time for first-class mail.
If mailing within a local area, first-class mail continues to be delivered within two days. Mail traveling longer distances may take up to five days to arrive.
Things to consider:
- If you are mailing payments, send them earlier to ensure they arrive on time.
- Mailed correspondence from TXDPSCU may be delayed, including physical monthly statements.
Instead of relying on mail, we offer a variety of alternative online services you can take advantage of:
- Sign up for online banking to access your accounts in real-time, receive eStatements, and opt-in for eNotices
- Make one-time or reoccurring payments electronically with Bill Pay
- Access your account through our mobile app and make mobile deposits wherever you are
- Easily transfer money from your credit union accounts
For questions about our online services, contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Coming soon: Online account opening & loan payment options!
In early 2022, we will be launching our new online account opening software. If you know a friend or family member looking for a new financial institution, send them our way. It’ll take only a few minutes for them to open an account online.
We’ll also be launching online loan payments. Be on the lookout for that so you can switch from mailing your payments to paying online.