Keep Your Financial Info Secure
Help us protect your financial information.
Ensuring your account security is a top priority for Texas DPS Credit Union. Working together we can help keep you and your account information safer. Due to the recent data breaches, we recommend you keeping in mind the following safeguards:
- Check your monthly statements to ensure they match your recollections and your other records. If at any time you notice any discrepancies between your statements and your other records, please notify us immediately at 512-452-5211 or toll free 1-877-252-9199. Stay on top of your accounts with online banking and e-Alerts. Both services are an easy and timely way to monitor your account activity.
- Never give out account numbers or other personal financial information, unless you can validate the authenticity of the requestor.
- Always shred personal and financial information before discarding it.
- Every year, review your credit report. You are entitled to a free credit report annually.
For additional security when it comes to your TXDPSCU debit card, keep in mind the following:
- The text alert will NEVER include a link to be clicked. Never click on a link in a text that is supposedly from us. The text will ask you to respond with answers such as ‘yes’, ‘no’, ‘help, or ‘stop.’
- A text alert from us will be a 5-digit number, not a 10-digit number. Text caller ID will be either 20733 or 37268.
- A phone call from our automated dialer will only include a request for your zip code, and no other personal information, unless you confirm that a transaction is fraudulent. If you are ever uncertain of the questions being answered, hang up and call us directly.
- We will NEVER ask for your PIN or the 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
- If you have received a voice- or a text-message from us and are unsure about responding to it, call us directly for assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the security of your financial information, please contact us.