Beware of Fake Calls & Texts From Scammers Posing as TXDPSCU
Fraudsters keep finding new ways to trick people into giving them personal information. We’re here to help prevent that. It’s important to stay alert to scammers out there, so here are a few important reminders:
- Authentic automated calls from TXDPSCU Fraud Department will not come from our local number.
- We’ll never ask you to enter any personal or account information or enter a code to verify fraud on your account.
- We’ll never ask you to give us your username, password, or PIN (even if they say they’re from TXDPSCU or have our logo on an email).
- Never click on links in a text message or email asking for personal or account information.
- Hang up on callers asking for your personal information (even if they say they’re from the credit union).
- If you’re unsure about something you received, always contact the credit union directly (don’t use the contact info you’ve been given in the suspicious communication).
Your information is safe and protected here at TXDPSCU. Please stay alert, and if you have found yourself in a potential fraud situation, please call us right away at (877) 252-9199.